A risk you should not take lightlyAre you prepared to pay some VIRTUAL thief $300 or more in cash for access to YOUR computer files? Please read on to find out if you should be.
- The payment is called Ransomware. It is very common to SMB and larger organizations. It is a very real threat.
Ransomware is a type of malware which restricts access to the computer system that it infects, and demands a ransom paid to the creator(s) of the malware in order for the restriction to be removed. Some forms of Ransomware encrypt files on the system's hard drive
- Consider that in addition to the ransom payment, there is a significant loss of productivity, thus resulting in an even greater financial loss.
- IF Target, Home Depot, Sony, ABC 33-40 in Birmingham, etc. can be compromised, consider how much easier it is for a VIRTUAL thief to attack SMB with Ransomware and take YOUR $300 or more.
- Employees are your most costly and most important resource. Are you aware of where they go on the internet? How much time they spend working? Surfing?
- According to McAfee, attacks that enter via social platforms will be “ubiquitous.” Are you monitoring & scanning your employee's social media usage?
- Do you manage the costly resources call ‘internet bandwidth’ so that it is enabling optimum (downloading & uploading) results for your business?
- Are you getting weekly and/or monthly reports on productivity, security and compliance from your current provider?
- Do have an ISP provided firewall? If you do, you should worry as these units are not business class firewalls, are not monitored, and are very easily defeated.
Think a managed firewall service is right for your business? Then please call us or us our contact form to find out more!
We also offer on-site installation in Delaware, D.C., Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, and West Virginia. Learn more